Tuesday, September 14, 2010

09 14 10 WRITING

A few days ago I had a weird experience. I was revising part 3 of my long short story "Overdue" but I was having a major problem; a key part of my original ending was too obvious. I was nervous because I didn't know how to fix it. The following weekend I drank too much beer at a seafood restaurant. It was the wrong combination with my Shrimp Fra Diavalo. I tossed and turned all night, cursing my aching belly. Around 6am, amidst this agony, the solution to my story came. I jotted it down in the notepad I keep by the bed, tossed a few more hours and finally rose around 9p, feeling crappy and delighted at the same time. I still can't figure out how the solution came. It just did. Also, I'm happy to report my belly ache went away the next day.

A shout out to my good friend, Aralis. She's the goddess - and talented writer - who's showing me the ropes on how to put this blog together.

No comments:

Post a Comment