Wednesday, October 6, 2010

10 06 10 WRITING

Read my short story, "The One Cupper" last night at the iconic Luna Star Cafe in North Miami, FL. Received a really gratifying response. Hung out a bit - had a great time. I'm going to post a picture soon somewhere - either here, or my website, or on facebook.

I can't believe how fortunate I've been the last couple of months, writing wise. I've had three short stories accepted for print publication and a fourth accepted for both print and audio publication. My sci-fi novel is scheduled for release in March of next year.

The dates, publications,and stories are:
Oct. 30, 2010 Ethereal Tales Magazine "Of Toil and Trouble"
Jan. 2011 Bete Noire Magazine "Morrison's Last Autograph"
Feb. 15, 2011 The Toucan Magazine "Fight the Future or Why My Wife Left Me"
Nov-Dec, 2010 Shiplits.com "The One Cupper" audio version.
Spring 2011 The MacGuffin Literary Journal "The One Cupper" print version.
Mar-April 2011 IFWG Publishing releases my sci-fi novel Die Laughing

Today I wrote two hours revising the first fifteen pages of a new novel (my third - though I haven't wrapped up the second yet). It was grueling. I was tired - and still hyped up - from last night's reading. I didn't think I would make it but going into the second hour I picked up a second wind. Afterwards my good friend and script writing partner Aralis Bloise came by and we worked two hours on a rewrite of a horror/comedy TV series (hormedy?)

Sometimes I feel burnt out, other times I feel like a rocket busting out of the launching pad.

No comments:

Post a Comment