Friday, October 1, 2010

10 01 10 Writing

Did my two hours of slogging through the beginning stages of a new novel. Actually, it went pretty good today. I had a scene all set up so it was just ferreting out my character's trying to get what they wanted.

Had some really nice news yesterday. My short story "The One Cupper" is going to appear in both audio and print. I'm also going to do a reading of it on Oct. 5 at the classic North Miami bar/lounge/hangout The Luna Star Cafe. This is the second time I'm reading there. The first time I was nervous as hell. I feel more confident, and hopefully this time my hands won't shake as I'm holding my paper.

I took the plunge a few days ago, broke down and started a Facebook page. So far, it hasn't killed me.

Finally - ended the evening watching my brother - who's a high school offensive line football coach - and his team whip the pants off of their opponent. I like hanging out with him: I get in free, get to hang on the sidelines, and he lets me know in advance the play they're going to run.

One more day of writing before I get my Sunday break...

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the "One Cupper" -- look forward to reading it and hearing it! Will be be able to download it here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Yep you can download it. I'll put up the link when it's available.

    ReplyDelete