Sunday, December 26, 2010

12 26 10 WRITING DURING THE HOLIDAYS

Ho Ho Ho-rrendous! I keep a written log of my writing hours. It's the best way for me to keep on a steady schedule. My routine is a minimum two hours a day - six days a week. I think it's important to have a day off. I use Sunday - my day off - as a reward, a battery recharger and an incentive to get me to the end of the week.

I don't cheat. If I get up to re-heat my cup of tea (or coffee) and it takes four minutes, I tack four minutes on to my minimum time.

Having said that, it's the holidays and I've given myself a little slack, but I'm starting to feel guilty. According to my log, my last real writing day was Dec. 23 - but only for 61minutes. Today (even though it's Sunday) I did some editing on Die Laughing, my sci-fi novel. Though this is technically writing I don't really give it as much weight because this is more of a polishing thing as opposed to composing.

I should be back to my normal routine tomorrow -  probably taking new years eve day off, and the day after (recovering from the night before), but we shall see - the guilt factor looms over my head like a South Florida afternoon thundercloud.

Am I the only one who has these problems?

Happy Holiday Writing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment